Friday 11 July 2014

Rome, Italy

We arrived this morning! What an amazing trip across Italy to get to the airport. (That was the treat at the end of a nearly 13 hour flight from Hong Kong) I took heaps of aerial photos of Italy from the plane. 

The departure from Hong Kong was eventful too. There was a huge thunder and lightning storm over the airport as we took off ! We were gate 1 at Hong Kong so I had the chance to do the shops in duty free. I found Jimmy Choo but they only have a small part of the range and nothing jumped at me! 

We arrived at the hotel at 8.30am. Check in is 4pm but we only had to wait 1.5 hours and we got access to our room. We had breakfast and watched the boys play in the playground until the room was ready. 

According to some trip advisor reviews the hotel is tired and dated but it is still comfy and clean. Breakfast and lunch were yummy! For lunch I had my Italian language card describing coeliac disease. I just had to show it and within 10 minutes I had a gorgeous bowl of gluten free pasta and a chargrilled chicken and vege fish to follow. Lots of fresh fruit for dessert too! This was much easier than in NZ. 

I had read an article in the coeliac link mag about an Italian family with a Daughter who has coeliac and today's experience just showed how easy it is. 

We are all having quiet time before we head to the pool for a swim in the inviting waters, 
This pic shows the view from our balcony. The other side of the hotel is prettier but I need to upload those pics first. 

No comments:

Post a Comment